All NeighborhoodLIFT® Loans are currently reserved. Thank you to the financial institutions that have participated in the program.
Click here to learn about another down-payment assistance program we offer.
If you're a first-time homebuyer, our counselors can coach you through the entire purchase process. Learn more
Get Started with NeighborhoodLIFT
Learn more about applying to NeighborhoodLIFT® Program for Allegheny County
To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Before you can schedule this appointment, you will need to create an account and upload a mortgage pre-approval from an approved lender as well as a fully executed purchase and sale agreement on the home you are attempting to purchase.
You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
- To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account.
- When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
- Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania in order to authenticate your account.
a. Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
b. Create an 8-character password for your profile
- Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
- Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session. Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:Please upload the following documents:
a. Preapproval letter for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT approved lender.
b. Fully executed purchase and sale agreement for a property located in Allegheny County.
***Don’t have a scanner? You can use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them.
- If you have not already completed homebuyer education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up! Click here to find a provider or click on the Training Center in your account to see a list of available classes.
- Once NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section. You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
Detailed Instructions on how to schedule your appointment
If you currently have an account with NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania, follow the steps in How to Sign Up for EDS – Existing Account.
If you are a new customer with NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania, follow the steps in How to Sign Up for EDS – New Account.
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will receive an email from NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania confirming the date, time and location of your EDS appointment. The email will include details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). Required documents. If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled.
What Happens Next?
- At your EDS appointment, NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania will determine your eligibility to participate in the NeighborhoodLIFT program.
- Once you are deemed eligible for participation, you will be issued a commitment letter from Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Berks. A copy of this will also be sent to your first mortgage lender.
- Your first mortgage lender will submit all required documents to Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Berks 14 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sale agreement.