Our down-payment assistance loan program, is available to first-time homebuyers* who:
- Meet income limit eligibility guidelines. (Download the income table.)
- Obtain a Conventional or Federal Housing Administration (FHA) first mortgage loan with an approved lender partner.
And the property must be:
- A primary residence
- A single-family dwelling
- Owner occupied
- Located within one of the following Western Pennsylvania Counties:
- Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Washington, Warren, and Westmoreland
In addition, the borrower must have a credit score of at least 620, and:
- The second-mortgage loan amount must meet all program guidelines for combined loan-to-value (CLTV) and debt-to-income structure.
- Contribute at least $1,500 of their own funds into the transaction.
*This program uses the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development's (HUD) definition of a first-time homebuyer, which you can find on the HUD website.