Skip to main content

Programs & Services

What’s a homebuyer education certificate and why do I need it?

A homebuyer education certificate shows your lender that you have completed a homebuyer education course, which may be required to access certain homebuyer assistance programs, mortgage products, or rates.

Once you complete the course and have your one-on-one session with a counselor, we can issue this certificate to your lender. Homebuyer certificates are good for one year from date of completion. We recommend working with a counselor before signing up for the course to be sure you take it at the right time for your homeownership journey.

We currently offer homebuyer education through our partner eHome America. The online course is recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA).

Powered by Firespring