What will I learn in the homebuyer workshop?
Our homebuyer education workshop meets U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, and National Industry Standards. It covers everything from credit to closing, taught by real estate agents, loan officers, home inspectors and insurance representatives. It will help you better understand the entire homebuying process, including:
- How your credit score affects your mortgage rate
- The various loan options available to borrowers
- How to shop for a home
- How to plan for down payment and closing costs
- The types of insurance all homeowners need
- How to maintain your home after purchase and avoid foreclosure